Happy Birthday Netsie!

Today is Annette's (my mother minus the in-law) birthday. One of the funnest things about her birthday is that it marks the first day of spring.


There are so many wonderful things to share about Annette. We first met in Rome, Italy back in July 1998. Jason was touring with his parents & sisters around Italy and stopped by Rome. It happened to be my last Pday in the mission. I remember how nice she was and so complimentary. She acted very demure and polite - little did I know the sassy little thing inside. Walking through the Colosseum, I ended up with her & Ron. All I remember is Ron asking me to come home and date his son. I think I just laughed off his request (little did I know)...

Annette is the essence of generosity. She not just gives very thoughtfully & willingly - but she gives her time freely & her talents. Nothing is half-way with her. When she throws a party or shower she gives it her all. It is always tasteful and classy.


She loves her grand kids more than anything in this world. My one wish is that I can be as great as a grandma as she is. She spends time with each one and makes them each to feel so special as if they are the only one in the whole world.


She is her kids #1 fan. She is so supportive attending everything from volleyball tournaments and competitions to city league softball games. She works so hard and is very good at what she does. I know her office (and Dr. Adams) will never have such a dedicated and honest person like her.

She loves to laugh. She can laugh about herself and laugh at the silliest of things (plearibus, sunbrat, thesmosis). She loves to go on trips with family and friends. She is dedicated and loyal. Once she is your friend she will stand by you for life. She loves to see people succeed and genuinely cares about others. She is also a really appreciative person. Rarely does a conversation end where she is not saying thanks for every little thing.


Annette is probably one of my best and truest friends. I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful woman in my life. Not a day goes by that she doesn't call me to see how I'm doing or share something funny or stupid with me. I love her for all she is and everything she has been through and stands for. She is an amazing person and I am very lucky to know her. Happy Birthday!

Comments

The MacMizzles said…
And she is a total babe! that was a really nice tribute to her, you are so nice Maren.
I totally agree my mom is the BEST
Joele and Matt said…
Maren I just have to say that is just the sweetest thing in the world. You are lucky to have such an awesome Mom-In-Law. This is Joele by the way. I just love Annette to death and agree with everything you say!

Popular posts from this blog

girls & princess

our baby has "indoor plumbing"

a Christmas wish answered... come September