my 1st grader

Paige started her 1st day of 1st grade. I can't believe how time flies & just think next year I will almost be alone... well, just me & angel baby Buchanan, but that will be just fine. Paige was so excited last night & kept getting out of bed that I threatened to "home school" her if she didn't stay in bed. She was pretty cooperative after that. She loves school and I think she knows all the damage I would inflict socially & by stunting her educational growth.

It amazes me how smart she is. I really think she doesn't get that from me. She has been reading all summer and tonight she offered to read a bedtime story to James. Umm... sure a few minutes to myself - what on earth will I do with it? She'll be a smarty like her dad. Hopefully James will be determined like his mom (not too much going on up stairs, but good social skills and determined to finish grad school no matter if he's still paying on school loans from the nursing home).
After we walked Paige to her classroom, James tried to walk in right after her. He was jammies, wet diaper & bare feet - but ready to go. When I told him we had to go. He said "Noooooo" and took off running toward the kindergarten classrooms. That boy is ready for some education. Hopefully the local preschools will keep him & not kick him out (for biting, hitting, fighting, etc.) - we can hope anyways.
This was the only thing Paige brought home in her backpack, along with a Hostess cupcake and a note from the teacher about 1st grade being a "piece of cake" - it was cute & she did share it with James all on her own accord.



(It's a pencil case, lunchbox, and folders)


We are so excited to begin a new school year and watch our "smarty party pants" little girl learn & grow.

Comments

Can you belive WE have first graders!?!?! I am not old enough for that haha
The Blakes said…
I'm sure she's the smartest (and cutest) girl in the class.
~Nikki said…
Oh my - first grade! Time doth NOTHING BUT fly . . .
Kim said…
Um I love little kids! Paige is the cutest first grader I have ever seen! I had Mrs. Whistler too! That is crazy! SHe is going to do so well! Yay for school.
RatalieNose said…
Oh she has Mrs. Whistler!!!!! She's the greatest!!!! She had all the kids in my family from Sarah to Annie!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

girls & princess

our baby has "indoor plumbing"

a Christmas wish answered... come September