Sunday's child...

Gavin or Abbey?
Barring any miracles... our new baby is scheduled to arrive on Sept 21st - not sure the approximate time. But this would make Buchanan Baby #3 a Sunday's child. I always liked the days of the week child poem and it will be interesting to see if it plays out with the personality of our new addition. Does it apply to the already established members of our family?
Monday's child is fair of face.
Tuesday's child is full of grace.
Wednesday's child is full of woe.
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving.
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the
Sabbath day,
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.



Paige

Paige was born on July 9th - she is a Tuesday's Child.
Paige is full of grace.
Grace means: a charming or attractive trait or characteristic.
A pleasing appearance. Ease and suppleness of movement or bearing.
Paige is charming and has possesses numerous wonderful traits.


James
James was born June 27th - he is a Sunday's child.
James is my blithe child.
Blithe means:
of a happy lighthearted character or disposition.
(Sometimes) lacking due thought or consideration.
He runs head long into things (literal & figuratively) and into life in general.


Jason & Maren

Jason was born Nov 19th Friday & Maren was born on Nov 26th - Wednesday

Jason is loving and giving.

Maren is (not really) full of woe.

Jason's is quite right on and needs no defining. But, woe means: regret, grief or distress. Interesting... I see myself as rather chipper. Well, okay, so maybe when I'm 40 weeks pregnant, uncomfortable, and has zero energy. But even then - I think I'm more grumpy then woeful... Okay so 3 out of 4 isn't bad odds.

(The fist print is by Mary Blair and the rest are by Emily Martin and come from inside a black apple - she has amazing artwork. Her prints can be bought here)

Comments

amy said…
Finally the end in sight! Good luck!
Sarah Sharp said…
Love the Emily Martin prints. Sooo exciting to have a date! Good luck!
Nikki said…
That is so exciting, Good luck, I am jealous.
The Blakes said…
Great news! Can't wait to meet her. I'm just sure it's a her. But I can't wait to meet him too, in cas I'm wrong.
Abby Runyan said…
Yeah!!! Can't wait. I hope it's a girl so I can tell everyone you named her after me!! I'm selfish. I'm loving those pictures who's the artist?
Abby Runyan said…
I'm a idiot! If I would read on I would see you posted the name of the artist.
Beka said…
well, I hope she's Monday's child, cuz then i can celebrate MY birthday with little "GABBY":)
Stacey said…
Congrats Maren on your new baby!! Hooray!!! Can't wait to see pictures of her. Hope you are doing well! Miss you.

Popular posts from this blog

girls & princess

our baby has "indoor plumbing"

a Christmas wish answered... come September