(all prints are from the black apple - you can find her blog link on the side)
working on the surveys for my thesis - I've been reading a lot of definitions of friends. Here are a few I liked :
1. "Somebody that is there for you when you need them or will help you even when they don't know you are struggling... (so I guess "Betsy" isn't a friend, I help her, but she never really helps me. It is a one sided friendship and I'm okay with that).
2. Someone that cares about you and wants to know your okay... spends time with you, calls, checks in, goes out to eat with you - and just spends lazy time together...
3. Someone who shares your history, feelings, and you can depend on.
4. Some one who likes you as much as you like them.
5. Someone that makes you a better person. Someone you spend time with little or long... Friendship should be easy.
6. Someone that sticks with you through everything, loves you, argues with you, gets over it and holds you up when life is crappy and someone you'd do the same for.
7. When your with them you can just pick up where you left off, even if you haven't spoken to them for awhile, and when life gets in the way of keeping in contact with each other you both understand.
8. Someone who knows your heart.
So after all that... here is what I've come up with:
The first person you think to call when you need something. Someone who annoys you, makes you mad, you cry with often, and laugh with even more. Someone you trust to help you raise your kids. When you see their name in your in-box or caller id you get excited. Someone you can admit your stupid mistakes or obsessions to and they still think your great. Most importantly... someone who could call CPS on you, but doesn't.