fall means food... right?


What is it about fall that turns my head towards sweet oh so fattening foods. Is it that hibernation mode we switch into to get through the winter months... I mean heaven forbid I actually loose weight this time of year. It's practically unheard of (trust me when I tell you that weight watchers meetings get a might sparse this time of year).


So last Sunday, my trusty partner in crime and I decided to make carmel corn, not the ooey-gooey carmel balls, but the crunchy stick to your teeth kind. The pictures above are when we first decided to venture this yumalicious dessert. See our fresh faces and cleanish kitchen? It did not last my fellow friends (and stalkers)... We popped the popcarn (not a misspelling - I am from Utar) the old fashioned way with a real lidless pan, hot oil, and plastic plate. If you do not know the method, ask my dad. He is the king of mismatch kitchenware.


Paige after tasting our first batch of popcorn... just kidding - she is just overly dramatic. I wonder where the h... she gets that from?


Crazy girls having lots of fun & getting a little sick off of all the sugar we ingested. There might have actually been a few kernels left when we were finished with it.

Comments

The Blakes said…
Caramel popcorn...yummy! I have the same fall food fetish! In the last two weeks, I've made breads, muffins, creamy soups and sweets as if I may never eat again. I think it will only get worse as the temperature declines!
Jill Manning said…
Oh cute are you two! I love that you cook together, what a great memory builder for Paige with her mommy! Ummmm...can I request caramel corn for apron night next week? That sounds soooooo good!
Christie said…
She is a Mini-Maren...the way she poses for the camera! I love it. Sign me up for caramel corn too!
Kim said…
GIRL! MAREN = HOTT! I LOVE YOUR BLOG! IM SO HAPPY YOU HAVE JOINED! HOPE TO READ SOME OF YOUR FABULOUS ENTRIES!
LOVE,
KIM FONTES (THATS A BOYS NAME!)
The MacMizzles said…
I love the crunchy kind! I love it I love it. I am with you girl, I have been cooking, chicken noodle soup, pumpkin bars, anything that is fall, is all about food to me. I don't think I would join weight watchers this time of year. Too many goodies. Looks like you had a blast too!

Popular posts from this blog

girls & princess

our baby has "indoor plumbing"

a Christmas wish answered... come September