because I love you enough to want you to be as fat as I am

I came across this recipe on the good old interbay (how my dad says Internet), and it looks so good and incredibly fattening at the same time. 2 sticks o' butter... why not call for two pounds of lard added to both of my thighs? it's about the same thing right? So I'm making it for FHE treat for tomorrow night... I'll let you know how it tastes when it will no longer burn my fat tongue (just out of the oven)

Outrageous Oreo Crunch Brownies

Ingredients:
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
1/2 pound semisweet chocolate chips
3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (3)
3 eggs
2 Tbs. instant Pero (or coffee granules)
1 Tbs. vanilla
1 cup + 2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 cup + 2 Tbs. flour
1/2 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups coarsely chopped Oreo cookies (25 cookies)

Preheat to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9"x13" baking pan. In a glass medium bowl add butter, chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate. Microwave on high at 30 sec intervals stirring well in between each until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, Pero (or coffee), vanilla and sugar. Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture. In a medium bowl, sift together 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. In a small bowl, stir coarsely chopped Oreos and remaining 2 Tbs flour. Add Oreo mixture to chocolate mixture. Pour batter into baking pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula. Bake 35 minutes (my oven is gas and it took 45 min.) or until a toothpick inserted 3 inches from center comes out clean; do not overbake. Allow to cool. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, until cold; cut into squares.

Comments

RatalieNose said…
They look like Divinity!
Love love love you girl!!
Jill Manning said…
Thanks for the recipe, those brownies were gone that same night you gave them to me...see why I didn't want to take any home, I have no self control! They were the best from scratch brownies I have had in a long time!

Popular posts from this blog

girls & princess

Our Disneyland Trip